Saturday, June 13, 2009

Friday, June 5, 2009 - Not Your Typical Brunch Cooking Class

This class was so much fun to teach!! :)

The class was full in numbers and food. There was so much to eat. By the time we got to the last dish, the fruit parfaits...everyone had really slowed down.

As promised...we laughed, (a lot) especially with my silly comments (Dodo..:)), we ate a ton, we learned and found that an easy to make, easy to serve and easy to plate Brunch can be Simple, yet so full of flavour.

Thanks to everyone who attended. I had a blast teaching!!!

By the middle of next week, the calendar with our up coming classes will be posted. So keep in touch. Some good classes underway!!!

A few pictures from this class.
(a big THANK YOU - to VR Photography for the great pics)

(plating the Stuffed French Toast)

(Licking the spatula, has to be done while cooking...:)

(Prepping the French Toast)

(Crab Cakes Benedict - SO YUMMY!!)

(Fresh Fruit Parfait-Finishing Touches)

5 comments:

  1. What a fabulous time! Tons of fun, friends, and FOOD! I went home and made the stuffed French Toast for my husband...HE LOVED IT! I will definitely take more classes from Chef Carla, but I won't eat dinner before I go. It was a tragedy that I had already eaten and I couldn't truly stuff myself with tantalizing treats. Such a fun night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband has been mentioning the idea of us taking cooking classes (hopefully not a reflection on my cooking abilities), so when we heard that Carla was offering some, we knew that this was what we were waiting for. Why? Well:

    Carla + Food + Great Group of People = A Tasty & Amusing Night Out

    Anyone trying to think of a good and unique Date Night should most certainly get in on these. She is the best and most gracious host and makes cooking what it should be... FUN! I can't wait to invite people over primarily for a great meal (rather than it being incidental). It makes me more confident to duplicate the recipe for others rather than trying to make something straight out of a book for the first time.

    Thanks Carla! See you at another class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and my husband, the good sport he is, was the only male-type there and he really enjoyed himself as you can clearly see from the picture above.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! What a great night! I knew I always loved to cook, I just didn't know how much fun it could be. Carla, you made everything make sense and the 'hands on' instruction was so easy to follow. I'm looking forward to the next one!
    --Karalee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post - pictures of french food ..Keep Posting


    Ron
    pictures of french food

    ReplyDelete