Thursday, April 16, 2009

Yipeeee!

I am super excited for tomorrow I just had to blog about it!...

I had to push back my "photo shoot" until tomorrow because I ended up working all week. Tomorrow I have off and am so pumped for it.

After work today, I hit the grocery stores to pick up all the groceries I'll need to prepare my dishes. I rented a round table and stuff so we could set up a table setting type photo op.

This is what I plan on prepping:

Appetizers
  • Pan Seared Scallops on Fondant Potato w/Bacon
  • Fresh Moza Cheese, Basil and Cherry Tomato Skewers
  • Baby Vine Ripe Tomatoes filled with Fresh Dill Cream Cheese
  • Citrus Seared Tiger Shrimp
  • Chicken Satay served w/Cilantro Yogurt Dip
Salads
  • Grilled Flank Steak Salad
  • Baby Arugula Salad on Marinated Grilled Portobello
  • Grilled Summer Vegetables served on bed of Grilled Radicchio
Main Course
  • Seared Pork Tenderloin Medallions served over Maple Vegetable Hash
  • Chicken Thai Lime Kabobs
  • Salmon Skewers served over Spanish Rice
  • Herb Crusted Lamb
Dessert
  • Cheese and Fruit Platter
  • Lemon Tart w/Berry Coulis and Vanilla Bean Whipped Cream
Maybe I'll end up adding another dessert??? Who knows...we'll see how my time goes tomorrow morning/afternoon.

Looks like I won't be cooking for the whole weekend. There will be tons of food for us to eat after the shoot. Any takers? hahaha That's if Chris doesn't eat it all... (it's a lot of food)

Just a shout out to my awesome - best girl Vanessa for taking this project on with me. Maybe I'll post some raw photos on here in the next couple of days. Assuming all goes well...

It's great realizing a dream!! The feeling is just so hard to explain. Maybe this is the start I've been waiting for!

Here's to Tomorrow!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Carla!! You sound like an artist in the kitchen! I can't wait to see some of these scrumptious-sounding dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy...I feel like an artist. It's nice to have found my one true passion and to be fulfilling a dream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmm- wish I had come over to taste that menu! Glad to hear it went well, though.

    ReplyDelete